Food Industry Consulting
Restaurant and Food Industry Consulting by Laura Rosenberg RD, Culinary Nutritionist
Bringing healthy, science-based nutrition to the plate
Food is a competitive business and restaurants stand out by offering what people want. Weight conscious consumers demand delicious, low-fat, low carb and low-calorie fare. Eco-conscious customers seek restaurants that promote social responsibility and sustainability, offering local, organic selections. We can help analyze your menu and recipes to increase your marketing edge in the competitive food industry. Our expertise in both the field of nutrition and culinary arts provide the necessary knowledge and resources to help you.
RD and Chef – the Perfect Combination
Customers want Healthful Menu Options. Dietitians know food trends and understand how to apply health claims such as “low carb”. “gluten free” and “low glycemic”. Knowing that an expert can back up these claims gives customers the confidence to believe in their validity when choosing menu options. RD’s make the perfect partners for restaurants that care about the accuracy and quality of the nutrition information they provide.
Give Your Customers the Nutrition Information they Need
Your customers are looking for nutrition information to help them make better choices. With over 50% of meals eaten outside the home, today’s consumer knows how important menu choices are for their health.Be a part of the national effort to reduce obesity and chronic diseases through healthier diets. Help them make more informed choices with nutrition information and menu labeling while marketing your distinctive recipes.
Be ahead of the curve with the expanding labeling legislation sure to come your way. While Section 4205 of Health Care Reform requires mandatory nutrition labeling for foods sold at chain restaurants and similar retail food establishments with over 20 locations, smaller restaurants can gain an edge by providing this information to their customers. A growing numbers of cities, counties and states have adapted or are considering policies requiring restaurants to provide calories and other nutrition information to their guests. However, once in place, Section 4205 of health care reform — endorsed by the National Restaurant Association — will pre-empt the current patchwork of state and local regulations. Many experts recommend that restaurants NOT wait until the laws are in effect.
We use a nationally recognized nutrient analysis software program with a database of over 37,000 foods. We have the ability to add your specific food items using the USDA database to give you the information you need for your specific recipes.
Restaurants - Nutrient analysis for menu items:
- Calories and calories from fat
- Total fat, trans fat and saturated fat
- Cholesterol and sodium
- Total carbohydrates, sugar and dietary fiber
- FDA formated Nutrients Facts Label (in bitmap format)
- Spreadsheet of nutrient profiles
- Sub Recipes for menu item (additional charge)
- Allergen Declaration (if applicable)
Recipe Formulation Sheet and Order Form must be filled out completely.
Food Producers - Ensure compliance of your product:
Food Label Review:
- Allergen compliance
- Claims review
- Identity Statement
- Ingredient Label
- Label Layout
- Net quantity
- Nutrient Analysis
- Nutrition Facts Panel
Increase Customer Choice and Increase Your Marketing Advantage
Spotlight dishes with improved nutrient profiles your customers want. Keep up with current nutrition trends customers are following. Let our nutrition consulting improve your marketing power.
Nutrition consulting fees based on project complexity
- Menu choices that help your customers find the right meals for their needs
- Specialized menu development such as gluten free, low glycemic, heart healthy and vegetarian
- Healthy eating tips specific to your menu
- Weight loss information to help dieters remain on their diet while they enjoy your recipes
- Fully meet mandated legislation in your menu information
- Nutrient Targeting and Nutrient Profile Improvement
- Gluten Free menu and recipe development, staff training
Have confidence in our services
- Modify but maintain recipes that need nutrient profile improvements without losing the taste and integrity of your recipe
- Full confidentiality of your proprietary recipes
- Full accommodation of Chef and sensitivity of recipes
- Nutrient analysis that is accurate
• Help your customers make healthier choices with not only calorie information, but also vitamins, minerals, fiber, antioxidants and phytochemicals
• Stay competitive with nutrient calculation services for upcoming menu labeling laws and consumer demand for healthy options. Target nutrients to best serve your customer needs
• Improve menus, recipes and products by offering low environmental impact, sustainable and healthy food choices. Meet the demand for vegetarian options for your customers
• Cut sugar, fat, sodium and calories from your menu without sacrificing taste.
• Use ingredients with specific health advantages and make adjustments in your recipes with more fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, seasonings, aromatics and herbs
• In service your kitchen staff on nutrition and health-supportive cooking techniques
Contact Laura Rosenberg RD at email@example.com